About Semihan Chiropractic Clinic
At Semihan Chiropractic Clinic, we do so much more than spinal alignments.
If you are experiencing pain and discomfort from injury, illness, stress, or a degenerative condition, Dr. Ryan Sangjun Baek can help. You may be pleasantly surprised at how our therapies can alleviate problems associated with conditions as varied as sprains and strains, headaches, TMJ, scoliosis, as well as back and neck pain. At Semihan Chiropractic Clinic, we see patients with these issues and more.
Our services include spinal adjustments, acupuncture, massage, electrical muscle stimulation, ultrasound therapy, and therapeutic exercises.
Many of our patients have found that our chiropractic care succeeds in improving their quality of life where other treatment efforts have failed. But don’t take our word for it – read what our patients have to say.
We wholeheartedly believe that through chiropractic care, education, lifestyle changes, love, and laughter, that pain from injury or illness can be banished – one adjustment at a time.
Established in 2009 in Coppell, Texas, Semihan Chiropractic Clinic has received Patient Choice Award honors for chiropractic care by Opencare, an online directory that vets and connects the very best doctors with patients seeking care.
Read on to find out what makes our technique so special.
The Gonstead System
Chiropractic care has come a long way since Daniel D. Palmer gave his first adjustment in September 1895 in Davenport, Iowa. Today, there are many methods used by chiropractors to correct spinal misalignment and joint dysfunction. Many techniques are identified by the name of the person who was most instrumental in their development. Interestingly enough, one of the most advanced and scientific methods is a technique called the Gonstead system.
Gonstead procedures are the result of extensive clinical research by Clarence S. Gonstead – founder of the world-famous Gonstead Clinic of Chiropractic in Mount Horeb, Wisconsin – and his associates. Doctor Gonstead’s 55 years of continuous practice and over 4 million chiropractic adjustments have resulted in the most comprehensive method of biomechanical analysis available for use by today’s doctors of chiropractic.
So why don’t all chiropractors use this technique? Because it requires a provider spend more time on analysis and mastering the art of delivering a precise, targeted spinal adjustment. It takes a lot of dedication and experience to be proficient in the Gonstead method. Dr. Baek at Semihan Chiropractic Clinic has earned that proficiency.
A Gonstead spinal analysis involves the following criteria to detect the presence of misalignment (a vertebral subluxation complex):
- Visualization. Your chiropractor is an expert in looking for subtle changes in your posture and movement that may indicate problems. Visualization is a good first step toward identifying areas of concern that can be examined further.
- Instrumentation. The Nervo-Scope is the instrument of choice used in the Gonstead approach to chiropractic care. This device is guided down the length of your back; it feels like two fingers gliding down both sides of your spine. It detects uneven distributions of heat along the spine, which can indicate inflammation and nerve pressure.
- Static Palpation. This is simply the process of feeling (or palpating) your spine in a stationary (or static) position. Your chiropractor will feel for the presence of swelling, tenderness, and any abnormal texture or tightness in the muscles and other tissues of your back.
- Motion Palpation. Likewise, this involves feeling the spine – but while moving and bending it at various angles. Motion palpation enables your chiropractor to determine how easily or difficult each segment in your spine moves in different directions.
- X-Ray Analysis. These images of the entire structure of your spine can help evaluate posture, joint and disc integrity, and vertebral misalignment. X-rays can also rule out particular pathologies, or identify recent fractures or other injuries that may be contributing to a patient’s symptoms. These full-spine, digital radiographs are taken in the standing, weight-bearing position for a practical, real-life understanding of the impact of gravity on your spine.
Whether you’re new to chiropractic care, or have tried it before, you’ll notice the difference that Dr. Baek’s therapies offer. If you’re ready for a life-changing experience, give Semihan Chiropractic Clinic a call at (972) 393-1004. Or use our secure online appointment request form to schedule your visit.